Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Gah!!

Just when you think you are busy, you get busier! This is going to be quick because DS doth loudly protest his confinement in the swing, but I'm trying to be better about blogging regularly.

So, I have the cabinet doors & drawers to finish for the kitchen. We need to paint one tiny wall near the bird cage to have that done, and I have to talk DH into fixing the pantry door so I can prime & paint it, too. Then I will get to put on the handles and reorganize the chaos of our kitchen, and FINALLY post pretty pictures! I can't wait!

We also rented a sodcutter and cut out a huge veggie garden...and I mean huge. It's about 30' x 12', and another part (it's sort of a wacky L-shape) that is 8' x 10'. I've already got a gazillion strawberry plants in (most free), and onions, and chives, and some potatoes. Still waiting for the potatoes to sprout but hope springs eternal. Now we just have to finish removing the sod we forgot to cut (oops) and then I have 3 kinds of sweet corn, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, squash, pumpkin, & watermelon to plant! Woohoo!

Did I mention that we cut out a new flowerbed lining the sidewalk, and also sowed that with flower seeds? And I have a ton of weeding to do that I've put off in lieu of these other "fun" projects. I mowed through about 9 loads of laundry yesterday, so that's at least 1 thing that is caught up!

Hmmm, he is really getting upset now. I think my plans to do some sanding and priming during naptime are being flushed down the drain by this little guy. Probably gassy again. Bummer. Enforced relaxation, that's what it is! Oh, and I still have to do today's homework for Precepts. At least I am doing it--I am caught up for this week, just have to get today's lesson done. Phew!

Someone tell me how I got all this done when I was working full-time??

No comments: