Thursday, August 2, 2007

Further Mundanities

I am continuing my summer women's Bible study of "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World", and this week I was fascinated by the person of Brother Lawrence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother_Lawrence). Here is a person who succeeded in cleaving so close to God that each day's mundane tasks were accomplished in praise. I tell you, I need some of that in my life! I think this is the key for me for my Christian walk. If I could live close enough to God's presence to make everyday chores a pleasure, then instead of being discouraged by what I have left to do, I would see it as a blessing--and wouldn't that be nice!! To be able to be giving it to God while grocery shopping, that would be a blessing. On a completely unrelated note, my house is in chaos and I'm at a loss to remedy it. I really have to conquer the mail pile and paperwork that is floating around, which means the larger and more obstructive boxes and dirty laundry has to sit there, glaring at me in the corner. It would help if my kids would both nap at the same time, but of course DS is determined to catnap throughout the day and not sleep when his sister is sleeping. Arrrggh! I miss my "me" time people--I have to have SOME time during the day when my hair is not being pulled on, I am not being drooled on, nor am I being called on to create PlayDoh peas or closely track my DD as she goes around the house getting into everything. Hmmmmm. Maybe next week DS will change his nap schedule again. I'm subtly hinting to him now that he should be SLEEPING by having him in the swing, and he's now protesting his confinement. Little booger. *sigh* And I bought some yarn and knitting needles, to do some quickie scarves with fun fur type yarns for Christmas presents. $2 per bundle, peeps, at Michaels...I can DO straight stockinette knitting, if I can only find a bloody good demonstration of casting on and casting off online. Come on DS, Mommy's trying to make a Christmas present here!

No comments: