Saturday, July 14, 2007

Excessive Alcohol Consumption

So, here I sit, 1 beer and 2 hard lemonades later, and I can definitely say that I'm drunk. While by many standards, including that of most of our Irish in-laws and friends, that is a very poor drinking record, I plead the effects of breastfeeding and alcohol avoidance. My goodness, I don't remember being this toasted for a while. I have quite a buzz, and it's been some time since I've felt this way. I suspect I will regret it tomorrow morning.

Does Sam Adams Cherry Wheat have a higher than normal alcohol percentage or something? Perhaps when I am sober I shall investigate. Needless to say, the fact that I craved pancakes for dinner and sweets for a snack indicates my total absence of control when drinking. I told DH, "I think I will have to cut out alcohol if I want to lose weight, because I get the munchies when I drink!" And of course, my innate sweet tooth craves sweet things.

Yes, I am having pancakes for dinner--chocolate chip pancakes, to be precise. And the fact that it took me a minute to notice DD artfully scribbling faces on one of the cabinet doors with the green pen I was using earlier to compose a grocery list. Yes, one of my cabinet doors is graffiti-ed now, and I will have to try out Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser to see if it removes it or if I have sentenced myself to repainting that door.

This has been a strange week. I have a new resolve about spending and debt paydown, I have a new budget that proves how broke we are (haha, at least until I cut the cable and phone bills), and I have a new creative streak inspired by the need to cut costs. Our fun family activity for the weekend was a trip to a free local water park, complete with picnic lunch and PB&J sandwich for me, cheese sandwich for DH. DH poo-pooed my bread as being the "leftover" bread from our vacation a month ago, but hey, I didn't care as long as it wasn't moldy. Yes, it's a bit crumbly, but it's been in the fridge and I"m not wasting it.

My plan was to weed more of the veggie garden this morning. After a few tossing and turning nights with DS, plus the heat and DD waking up routinely, I was desperately in need of some sleep. DH bravely got up with DS at 6:30 am (bless his heart) and I slept in until 9! Hooray!

Now I have to find some extra money (HAHAHAHAHAHA!) to pay for the paint for our bedroom, or get reallllllly creative. I don't which it will be yet, but ask me in two weeks. If I haven't saved the money for the paint by then, it will be time for ultra-creative and budget stretching measures. Wish me luck.

No comments: