Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Musings

Well I have comforted myself with the knowledge that our cash flow situation this month is because I am putting money back into our savings account from my overdraft oops last month, so that's something anyway. *phew* For a minute there I was thinking, "Ok, how are we going to eat?" I had scheduled it automatically and because it was entered early in Quicken, my brain just sort of ignored that line. Ah the fun of money...not!

And of course we wouldn't really have a problem eating because I am doing so well with the Grocery Game. I have done phenomenally well this week, scoring Campbell's microwave soup bowls this week for $1 each (absolutely rock bottom price!) for DH's lunches, and basically Quaker paid me to take some of their stuff off the grocery store shelves. So I was quite pleased about that, even if I did treat myself to a Tully's sugar free almond latte at the store.

Speaking of which, our local grocery store has dumped Starbucks from inside the store and swapped it for a Tully's. I like the lower prices of Tully's, and the fact that they have sugar free almond syrup (*drool*), however, I have to say the coffee is just a tad lower on the taste scale for me and their baristas are not nearly as personable. Oh well.

I am lamenting my inability to buy DS some good winter clothes through the Children's Place fall sale. In particular I am kicking myself over the sport corduroy pants which are on sale, but we have no extra moola so I can't buy them. *sniff!* They are SO CUTE! Ditto the long sleeved onesies, henley shirts, and jackets which he does actually NEED for this winter. *sigh* I am pinning my hopes on a MOPS clothing swap on the 12th, and hopefully I will get enough cute and warm things for him that it will assuage my guilt over that "inability to purchase right now even though it's a great deal" sadness that is plagueing me.

And, I have caught up with all my neighbors about their lives and such, so I feel like a Good Neighbor. I owe 1 apple pie or some other baked good to one set, and I really ought to bake something to bring along when I introduce myself to the 2 new sets of neighbors on our street. Hopefully I will get around to that shortly.

Kiddos are driving me a bit mad at the moment...cranky DS who I suspect is teething again, is now fully mobile and also has a really bad yeast rash for which we now have a prescription cream. DD is potty training and has her hits and misses. *sigh* How long does this process take, exactly? *LOL* Basically they are sucking up all my attention and I am not handling it well. I even skipped my Bible study homework the past 2 days in lieu of having some unstructured mommy time to myself, where I could read a magazine or the newspaper. I just couldn't handle another type of "brain required" activity. I know, I know...God would have provided. I just didn't let him. I'm too tired to feel too guilty about that, although I'm sure that will come around tomorrow when I actually do it.

Well I have to go off to the grocery store now and get some more milk. I have been skimping on the milk purchasing and now finally have a discount price to justify buying 3 whole gallons at once. Oh, the luxury of it!

1 comment:

Stan said...

I even skipped my Bible study homework the past 2 days in lieu of having some unstructured mommy time to myself

My mother tells me that when she had all her kids in "young growing up" mode, she had no time for her own time with the Lord. Her spiritual nourishment at that time was the hymns she sang to herself while she did all the "mommy" things required of her.

But, seriously ... Tully's replacing Starbucks ... in your part of the world??? Is there no end to the insanity???