Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Misty Morning Part Deux

Today we have another misty morning, so I am actually playing all my good Irish music (DH scoffs at this, what I term "good" he and his family call "diddle-ee-i" music) to accompany the morning mist. Including, currently, Maire Brennan's "Misty Eyed Adventures" CD, appropriately enough! Luckily for DH, he works from home today so he gets to enjoy this splendid music as well, haha!

I did actually manage to construct a proper fire in the woodstove last night, after a few nights of fumbling and cursing when the fire would burn for a bit and go out. I summoned up all my good Girl Scout training and built a log cabin fire base, which worked very well. I kept adding logs in the proper order and had the house "roasting" by the time DH came home. So the thermostat kept the heat off for at least six hours, wahoo! I also secured a promise of more free wood from our neighbors next door yesterday, so I will be making a pilgrimage to collect that in our little mower-pulled cart. DH is insistent that we trade something with neighbors who give us free wood, and I think that is going to translate as ample baking and sharing since most of our neighbors aren't bakers.

Anyway, back to the original subject--I am thinking about the things I like or am interested in that DH is sort of "enh" about, and that includes Irish dancing and flamenco. I would love to learn how to flamenco, for the sheer fun of it. When we get our debt eradicated, I am going to look into flamenco lessons. I think Irish dancing is a bit beyond me, plus I'm quite sure that there aren't any teachers here and I'm not quite willing to do a ferry ride to Seattle just for that. However, maybe when DD is older she might have an interest in it, and then I could justify it. But, I do know there are flamenco lessons available locally. Give me a few years, I am going to give it a go! Why not? Life is too short to say, "I wish I had done that" years from now.

Well I think it's time for a new CD and also I have a rare opportunity to start my next 'fun fur' scarf while DD is occupied and DS is asleep, so I'm going to take it. This time I am going to ignore the purl one row, knit one row instructions that had my first attempt curling up like a tube and just do straight knitting, which I'm faster at anyway. Wish me luck!

No comments: