Friday, June 29, 2007

The Unfinished Craft

I am great at starting things. I love the excitement of new crafts and projects! It is so fun to sit down with something new and a new idea. The trouble is, I have difficulty seeing them through to the end.

I had to semi-tidy my sewing table when we were having company earlier this week. There, I found the half-done projects I have thrown over there and promptly forgotten about. The felt sea animals based on the library book? I started that three months ago--and 2 seahorses and six jellyfish later, it languishes waiting for me to get a second wind and cut out more critters for embellishment with ribbons and beads. And look, here is the fabric I bought for the Roman blind in the guest bathroom, along with the plastic rings and cord to make it a blind. Hmmm. That one hasn't even been started--just the materials enthusiastically purchased a blue moon ago. And now I have my master bedroom blinds cut out and ready for the simple curtain loop and sewing on of beaded trim and ribbon for tying them up. Maybe that one will actually be DONE sometime soon, since we are going to be painting the bedroom.

I think what I will have to do is to take a whole year for "unfinished projects". This includes the yardwork, and finally finishing our shed...tons of stuff we've been meaning to do, but just haven't motivated ourselves to do. Then, every time we want to start something new, instead we pick something unfinished from our list and do that. I'm willing to bet that if we did that, we would have a much tidier house and yard. Now if I could only DO it and we could stick to it! Hehe. Always the problem of completion... :)

No comments: