Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Tidy House!

Well, our house is pretty much as clean as it gets unless parents are descending. Wahoo! By this I mean that our main living areas are 90% tidy (I admit to two clutter piles on the IKEA bookcase and kitchen counter) and I even mopped the floors in the dining room & kitchen yesterday. *gasp* Yes, I know...I am not a big fan of house cleaning, but the floors were crying out for a little love, so the Swiffer WetJet was employed to rid them of spills and some bird mess. All the bird-generated newspaper confetti is gone, and our bird even has a clean cage.

Yes, yes, your mother/wife does know how to clean. Hard to believe, after living with the detritus of vacation unpacking for a week, but there you are. All of which was prompted, btw, by DH inviting another out-of-town co-worker for dinner. I sent him with the urchins to pick up co-worker from the ferry, and finished up everything while they were gone. I even had time to have a quick shower and a cool drink in hand when they got home. Woohoo! DH created a yummy chicken tikka masala (mmmmmmmmm...) and we had lowfat lemon poundcake and fresh berries for dessert. What a great night!

Now if I could only get the rest of my life as neat and tidy. I have to finish paying hospital bills from DS' arrival, if I could only get the right person at the hospital on the phone to take my flexible spending account card number, #$%^ it! And I have to figure out how large a chunk I am taking off the CC debt this month, and schedule that payment. Wahoo! Love seeing that go back to zero where it belongs...we're getting there. I managed to switch my application at the community college to an application for an adjunct faculty position, which frankly suits me better right now and is more of what I had in mind from the get-go. I have to call and check on that next week...waiting to hear from them drives me nuts. Of course I could be rejected yet again, which would make me sad. Probably more so than before, because this is really only for a couple of classes at most and WOULD be entirely at night, so it would be perfect for us right now, as I said. We will see what comes of that.

I have to finish sorting through mail and come up with a better system than "throw it there and I'll get through it eventually". Hmmm. We will see what ideas perk through the brain over the next week or so.

Somewhat organized is better than totally disorganized...there is progress here, peeps!

No comments: