Monday, December 17, 2007

Sniffling, Snorting, and Sleepless

DD's cold is now shared by all in the house, including a miserable DS. He has enough congestion to make him wake up every 30 minutes last night because he couldn't breathe lying down, so I had to sit up and hold him sitting up for him to sleep, then when my back was killing me I'd lie back down with him. Rinse, lather, repeat all night. I was not very pleased, having congestion and a sore throat myself. Nasty little adenovirus or some other somesuch bugger we've got.

DH hauled himself off to work this AM, having slept poorly as well due to the aforementioned night wakings and his own throat and congestion misery. DD at least got a good night's sleep, even if her nose is running like a faucet.

Misery, I tell ya! I've got DS's crib propped up tonight and have slathered on the baby Vicks in the hope that we will all sleep a bit better thus equipped. I have bags the size of Rhode Island under my eyes, and my parents arrive in about 35 hours. At least I got the linen closet reorganized--something prompted by my failure to find to the sleeper sofa sheets. They are found and washed, hallelujah! Oh, there is my tea kettle...I hear a hot tea with lemon calling my name. *Sniffle* I hope my scant readers avoid the Cold of the Season.

1 comment:

Stan said...

"I hope my scant readers avoid the Cold of the Season."

Oh, now you tell me. The wife has been sick since Thanksgiving. Not content with a mere cold, she worked it into bronchitis. That's okay, because "the boy" at home gave it to her and he's still got it. I held out as long as I could, but when the weather here turned suddenly cold (seriously, we've had nights below 40°), I succumbed. It's all your fault. You should have issued your hope for me to avoid it earlier.

(Hey, I gotta lay the blame somewhere, even if it's not rational, right?)

Hope you all recover quickly, what with Christmas marching closer.