Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Doing My Best

At the moment, I am doing my best to keep things juggled and somewhat tidy. Parents arrived this AM after a frenetic morning involving my long-awaited (well not really) appointment with the gastroenterologist, more blood sucking for me (only 2 vials today, please) and a rush through lashing rain to the airport. All this by 9:30 am. Fun!

I did not get the guest room tidied before their arrival. Instead, after getting my blood drawn, mailing the last of the Christmas cards, and racing home, I cleaned up their room. Which meant, I removed the four boxes of outgrown children's clothes which need to be stored in the cottage, removed the dirty sheets for washing, put on clean sheets, and put four additional pillowcases on pillows since we have a wide variety of pillows to choose from. Oh, and remove the 2 double/queen size comforters to their temporary staging area for the sleeper sofa and air mattress, which will be deployed on Saturday when Brother and Fam arrive for Christmas. And just to tidy it up a bit I put away the toys and miscellaneous stuff that migrated in there and set up my parents' suitcases in convenient and mostly out of the way places. I even had 3 empty coat hangers for them to use to hang up stuff as needed (with more in the coat closet...just ignore the pile of coats/pullovers in the crib there).

My sore throat is worse today, thanks to a third sleepless night. DS finally is starting to feel better, we think, as we got a solid four hours last night before he woke up for the first time. DH feels like death warmed over and I'm trying to pack in vitamin C. Shoot, I meant to get more orange juice. Oh well. My parents treated us to lunch which was nice, and I think the plan for dinner is, well, not much of a plan...maybe we'll order pizza or do soup and salad, something easy. I do have a pork shoulder blade roast to BBQ in the crockpot but methinks that is going to happen later this week, seeing as it's still a frozen hunk at the bottom of the freezer. And I have no doubt that my folks will find countless things they need/want which will necessitate trips to Costco and the grocery store, as usual.

Time to go slurp more hot tea and pray that DS, and therefore we, will sleep well the whole night through tonight! I just need some sleep and did I mention practice time for my harp? Yes, because I'm playing at church on Sunday and again at the Christmas Eve service. So I am in need of that "finesse" time for my (very easy) pieces. Ahem. Never a dull moment!

No comments: