Thursday, December 6, 2007

Random Updates

  • My thyroid is just fine, thank you. All results normal, which makes the whole kafoffle with breastfeeding all the more galling as it just indicates all the tests were utterly unnecessary. I filed the appropriate 'Patient Complaint' with the clinic's patient advocate, who promised to see that changes are made. Hmmm. I dislike the lack of follow-up here, but have to trust that changes will be enacted.
  • My laptop has been returned to me, with a new hard drive (as expected) and a cryptic note attached to some removed RAM complaining about "Bad 3rd Party Memory!!" Huh? My computer had no additional RAM in it--just what we bought and paid for, TYVM. DH reinstalled the RAM (1 GB of it, no less!) and it works just fine. DH was irritated and is now of the opinion that future computers will be self-insured as had we not shelled out $300 for the extra warranty, he would have fixed it himself weeks ago and I would not have had to suffer the amputation of my lifeblood, my line to the outside world the absence of email and the internet for large swaths of time in recent weeks.
  • My DS took his first steps (awwwww) and is cutting his first molar (yee-ikes, is he cranky!).
  • My DD is likely going to be in preschool 2 days a week starting in January. *sniff, sniff* My little girl is growing up! She is also going through another bout of major attitude which is requiring constant vigilance on DH's and my part.
  • We are having a Christmas party in 40 hours, and our house is incredibly lacking in decorations and cleanliness. GACK! What was I thinking???
  • I am now an adjunct faculty member at the local community college. Thank you, thank you *bows*. Yes, I interviewed and got the job--one lab section, 3 hours per week. Just about right given the kiddos, I think. Yippee!
  • I am insane to be posting now when I need to be CLEANING! GACK! ttyl.

No comments: