Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Another "Meme"

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
That would be the end of my first year of graduate school, so I was figuring out that most of my fellow first years were just as or more whacked out than I was. I had already figured out that the party/drinking scene was so totally not me. I tried it for three months to fit in and figure out which of my fellow students were certifiably insane really whacked out and should be avoided at all costs, and found out quickly that the whole get drunk for fun thing is just not me. In fact I never got drunk with my fellow students, having quite quickly figured out that they were not to be trusted when pictures of drunken-off-their-arse fellow students were taken in odd/humorous positions. Yeah. I ditched my crazy roommate who accused me of stealing her mayo (as if, I don't even eat mayo), moved in a new roomie/fellow grad student who promptly hooked up with another grad student, so I had 2 roomies de facto. By this time of year ten years ago, we were all moving out of the 2 bedroom place, they were moving in together (later to get married), and I gave up on roommates and found a glorious, mine, all mine, all to myself, gloriously alone! one bedroom for the princely sum of $544 per month. It had only two windows and hideously ugly '70s pale yellow laminate countertops, but I could paint the place to make it mine, so I put a huge dark blue wall with stars in my living room and a cheery yellow in the bedroom. I loved it. And, by the end of June of that year, I was going to "meet" DH in an AnĂșna chat room. Ah, love. :)

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
Well today is almost over so I'd better give you a hybrid of today/tomorrow--
1. Start (and finish) grading my students' lab reports & quizzes from last week.
2. Input all their grades into my spreadsheet.
3. Write their quiz & email it to the college's duplicating services, to be magically copied and whizzed into my mailbox prior to my arrival on site tomorrow afternoon.
4. Remind myself what the heck we are doing in lab tomorrow, and make sure I'm ready to teach it.
5. Figure out if DH left some water in the laundry room which is making it smell mildewy, and how best to clean it up (tomorrow morning, probably). (It's a long story but suffice it to say that our water is very, very cold coming out of the tap and our kids are very small, and kiddie pools need hot water don't they, and DH says let's just run a hose to the hot water line...I think you know where I'm going here...)

3) Snacks I enjoy:
ripe pears, cherries, or strawberries
Trader Joes bruschetta on their everything bagel chips
good potato chips (as opposed to the wafer thin ones covered in salt masquerading as potatoes)
ice cream cones in summertime

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
fund Christian missionary work
fund charitable work in third world countries--housing, self-sufficiency, orphanages, clean water, etc.

5) Places I have lived:
Virginia, Oklahoma, Florida, California, Arizona, Washington, Japan

6) 6 peeps I wanna know more about:
Carol, Dana, Stan, Fiona, Stephanie, Tricia--consider yourselves tagged!

1 comment:

Stan said...

I did it. I don't know if it is what you hoped, but I did it. ;)